✅ COMPOUND & ISOLATION EXERCISE CHEAT SHEET
🔝 How often to pump the chest?
No more than once every 72 hours (3 days) – or twice a week.
💪 What muscles can be combined?
Training of pectoral muscles is recommended to be combined with triceps, shoulder muscles and abs.
How many exercises and repetitions do?
- For beginners, 1-2 basic exercises are enough (with a lot of weight and 5-7 repetitions) and 1-2 isolating exercises (with lighter weight and 12-15 repetitions).
Push ups or exercises with dumbbells?
- Since the growth of the pectoral muscles requires only 5-7 repetitions of the exercise, when this result is achieved in the push-ups, it is necessary to move to the dumbbells and the barbell.
How fast do pectoral muscles grow?
- Since the pectoral muscles are one of the largest in the human body, they quickly respond to strength training and increase in size.
Chest Muscle Development Program
Since the breast is a large muscle, its mass is best increased by training for hypertrophy with a constant increase in working weight. Negative repetition techniques are effective when you are helped to lift the barbell, but you lower it yourself, as well as the technique of failure and pumping.
In a simplified form, a training program for beginner chest muscles can look like this:
- Push-ups on uneven bars – 2 sets and max. number of repetitions.
- Bench press lying – 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Dumbbell bench press on an incline bench – 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Breeding hands with dumbbells lying down – 4 sets of 12 repetitions.