The Standing Russian Twists
Standing Russian twists exercise will be beneficial for oblique muscle development.
1. Russian Twists with a barbell
Workout not only the Obliques Muscles but is also widely used as an exercise for practicing side impacts for fighters.
Put the barbell in a corner or secure an empty part of the bar in the hole where it will hold and not slip out, you can also use a special simulator. Grasp the other end of the bar with one palm on top of the other. Legs should be wider than shoulders, pull, and hold your abs.
Technique Execution Russian Twists
- The movement of the bar should be in an arc on outstretched arms, the top point is opposite the face;
- From the face, lower the bar to the right leg, or rather, to the upper thigh;
- With the exhale, raise the bar to face level and lower it to the other side.
| Read also article: The 4 Top Exercises for Training ABS
Obliques Muscles Training Tips
- Knees must remain a little bent;
- Movements must be controlled;
- Boxers to practice side impacts need to lift the heel and twist the toe.
Frequent mistakes while doing a workout on Obliques Muscles:
- Avoid abrupt put-down hand with a bar;
- Try not to bend your arms;
- Stay on level feet.
2. Russian Twists with Weight
- This exercise involves the oblique muscles of the press and also works very well during the drying of the abs. If you are not an experienced athlete, we do not recommend performing this exercise due to technical difficulties.
- Russian twist can be performed with any weighting, the main thing is that it is not too heavy so as not to disrupt the execution technique.
- The oblique muscles of the abdomen and upper abs are actively involved in the exercise.
- The load is significantly increased due to the fact that you have to transfer the weight from one side to the other side.
| Read also How to Training of Oblique muscles
Sit on the floor, tilt the body back 45 degrees, bend your legs at the knees and lift above the floor. With both hands, take the disk or fitness ball and hold it at the level of the solar plexus.
Lower the disk or fitness ball until it touches the floor on the left side near the pelvis, while slightly twist the body, then move your hands to the right side near the pelvis. Repeat 3 sets, 20-25 reps.