How to Dumbbell Chest Flyes
Dumbbell chest flyes is an isolated exercise that is aimed at working out the chest (pectoral) muscles and developing their width.
Despite the fact that this exercise looks quite simple, the technique should be taken as seriously as possible. This approach will save you from getting injured and make your workout as effective as possible.
If the bench is tilted, level it horizontally with the floor or choose the incline bench option. Prepare the necessary dumbbells in advance, immediately take a warm-up weight, and then dumbbell work weight. Put dumbbell near the bench on the floor.
How to do:
- Take the dumbbells in your hands and sit on the edge of the bench.
- Lie on the bench so that your head does not hang from it. The back of the head should touch the bench. It is best to lay your personal towel under your head and back. Spread your legs wide to ensure good stability. Bench touch the shoulder blades, back, pelvis, nape. The loin is in a natural position, without excessive bending and rounding, the chest is straightened, and the gaze is directed to the top.
- Lift the dumbbells in front of you at an angle of 90 degrees to the floor. The arms are turned so that the palms look at each other (this is a classic version). Bend them slightly in the elbow and freeze in this position – it is necessary that the angle of flexion of the elbows does not change during the exercise.
- As you inhale, start flys the dumbbells to the sides so that your elbows look down. If the elbows turn out otherwise, then you are doing the exercise incorrectly. Movement occurs only in the shoulder joint, a small angle at the elbow is fixed.
- When you feel that the muscles of the chest are already starting to stretch, lower your hands even a little further, but, of course, not too painful sensations.
- As you exhale, bring your hands back, almost touching each other with dumbbells. Your feeling should be something like you are hugging a big tree.
Repeat the exercise as many times as necessary. Then sit down, put the dumbbells at the edge of the bench on the floor and rest for 45-60 seconds. It is advisable to take a break between the approaches. Walk and stretch your chest muscles. This will improve blood circulation in the muscles.