The cultivation of hands with dumbbells lying on the bench (or Incline Dumbbell Flyes) is one of the most popular auxiliary exercises on the chest.
The work of the muscles during its execution is as follows:
- The target muscle group is large chest or pectoral muscles. It is on them that the lion’s share of the load falls.
- The assistants are deltoids (front and middle beams).
- Biceps, triceps and forearm muscles help keep hands with dumbbells in a fixed, slightly bent position.
- Muscles of the abdomen, legs and buttocks stabilize the body.
Correctly put technique allows simultaneously and to load a breast, and to stretch it in a negative phase of exercise.
Choice of weight and exercise variant Dumbbell Flyes
Experienced bodybuilders perfectly know how to choose the right weight and at what angle to carry out the Incline Dumbbell Flyes. Therefore, this moment is dedicated to beginners and those who are still badly oriented in the gym. Like any exercise with burdening, wiring requires a warm-up approach in the amount of 10-15 repetitions. At the same time, you need to save enough energy to fulfill all working approaches. Therefore, the weight for warm-up should be minimal – men should take from 5-7 kg, women – 2-3. Muscles should be easy.
Executing Dumbbell Flyes
Further, when you are stretched, you need to take that weight with which you can perform 10-15 repetitions. Experiment if by 10 times you run out of strength – immediately take weight 1-2 kg less. Do not try to work to failure in the first months of training – you can pull the muscles and greatly spoil the technique of execution. Ideally, it will be difficult, the last 2-3 repetitions should be obtained. Now let’s talk about the features of the program: if you gain weight, Dumbbell Flyes 3-4 sets of 8 repetitions. If you dry muscle – 15 repetitions. Girls are recommended to do 3 sets of 15 reps with medium weights to strengthen the breast. If you, dear ladies, chase the mass – 3-4 sets of 8 reps with weights close to the maximum.
Which one to choose the angle of inclination – be guided by the circumstances. Just remember which angle is pumping, and follow this.
- If the bench is located horizontally – you accentuate the load on the middle part of the pectoral muscles.
- When the head is higher than the legs – it works more on top of the chest.
- The head end of the bench is lowered down – you are working on the lower section of the pectoral.
Whatever your program, always remember that the sequence of movement towards the goal looks like this: working out the technique, and then progressing the scales. Observing this rule, you will achieve really impressive results.