Training of the Triceps Dips on Bench
Tricep Dips on Bench, chair or any other support are an effective basic exercise for the development of triceps or muscles of the back of the hands. This exercise allows you to vary the load in a wide range and is great for both men and girls. Reverse push-ups are named because they are carried out at the back, that is, the hands are behind the body, and not in front of it.
Benefits of Exercise Tricep Dips on Bench
The target muscle group in this exercise is the triceps brachialis muscle. In addition, the front deltoid muscles and the upper part of the thoracic muscles work. Breasts, among other things, receive some stretching. When doing push-ups, triceps work, the front beams of the deltas and the upper part of the pectoral muscles.
Reverse push-ups have several advantages:
- The exercise includes all the triceps heads at once. In general, the size of the triceps is much larger than the same bicep, but this fact often eludes many athletes. That is, if the goal of the practitioner is to increase the amount of hands, it is simply irrational to train only the biceps.
- Women executing Tricep Dips on Bench tone the back surface of the hands, which is traditionally considered a problem area.
- You can perform the exercise in the hall, at home or on vacation – it does not require any special equipment. Push-ups can be done in an emphasis on a bench, a chair or a sofa or even a bench in the park. With the use of weights, there are also no problems. You can increase the load with a dumbbell, pancake from a bar or any other heavy object, even a bottle of water.
- The triceps are under load both in the positive and in the negative phase of motion.
Technique of execution Tricep Dips on Bench
- Consider reverse push-ups with your feet on the bench: Put the two benches parallel to each other at a distance slightly greater than the length of your legs. Turn your back to one of the bench and take the support from behind, putting your palms on the edge of the bench, fingers forward, grasp on the width of your shoulders. Put your feet on the second bench with your heels. The back should be straight. This is your starting position.
- On breath, slowly lower the pelvis, bending your arms in the elbows to the right angle. Forearms throughout the entire movement should be perpendicular to the floor, that is, the elbows in the sides do not diverge.
- On exhalation, with a powerful effort, push yourself back to the starting position. Do not jerk the body, push-ups from the bench are performed solely by reduction the triceps.
A light version of this exercise, which girls can use, is an option when the legs are on the floor. If you bend your legs in this way, it will be even easier. And to increase the load, use extra weight. You can put a pancake from the barbell or dumbbell on the pelvis area.
Tricep Dips on Bench should be placed at the beginning of the triceps workout. This is a very energy-intensive exercise. Do it 10-15 times in 3-4 approaches. If 10 times is too much for you, do as much as you can, but with full observance of the technique. To move in half-amplitude or at the expense of jerks is meaningless.