🔥 Cable Flys & Dumbbell Hammer Press
Try this quick superset to build on the width and thickness of your chest.Tighten up the upper chest (clavicular head) on concentric part of the movement, emphasise this part for the ultimate stimulation. https://weighteasyloss.com/cable-flys-dumbbell-hammer-press/Posted by Gym Guide on Sunday, June 2, 2019
🚨 Cable Flys & Dumbbell Hammer Press
✅ Try this quick superset to build on the width and thickness of your chest.
Tighten up the upper chest (clavicular head) on concentric part of the movement, emphasise this part for the ultimate stimulation.
🚨 What is a Floor Press?
✅ Floor press, the primitive version of the bench press, is a core-attacking and strength-building upper-body exercise that lets you lift weights without excessive shoulder stress. It works best for those who want to feel the effect of bench press on their triceps and reduce the risks of shoulder injuries while training.
Unfortunately, with the growing popularity of bench press, powerlifters have now become less interested in training for the floor press exercise. However, if you are training for building massive arms as well as increasing the strength of your chest and shoulders, the floor press should be added to your workout repertoire.
🚨 Floor Press Benefits
Performing the floor press involves powerful extension of your elbows and overloading your triceps with weights, which helps in developing huge arms while reducing undue joint stress. It negates lower body drive and focuses all the stress on the upper body for gaining strength. Moreover, lower back pain associated with regular bench presses is not experienced since the floor press reduces lumbar extension.
✅ How to Floor Press
- Rack the barbell on the j-hooks placed at an appropriate height.
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent, and position your head so that your eyes are lined up under the bar.
- Pulling your shoulder blades together, lift off the bar out of the j-hooks.
- Lower the weight towards your upper stomach or bottom of the chest. For powerful pressing, make sure that your elbows are tucked at 45° throughout the movement.
- When lowering the barbell, pause for a moment once your upper arm touches the floor.
- Explosively extend your elbows and press the weight up, keeping your elbows, wrists, and the barbell in line while you finish taking the bar exactly to the starting position.
🚨 Cable Flys & Incline Dumbbell Flys
✅ HOW TO CABLE FLYS:
- Position both cables of the cable crossover machine at the highest setting.
- Select the resistance to be used and hold the pulleys in each hand as you step forward in front of an imaginary straight line between both pulleys, and bend forward at a slight angle at the hips.
- Place a slight bend on your elbows in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, extend your arms to the side of your chest, creating a T, for the start position.
- In a wide arc, keeping the arms locked and pivoting on the shoulder, stretch on your chest, and move downward at a 30 or 45 degree angle.
- The movement should only occur at the shoulder joint.
- Then follow the same line coming back in a controlled fashion.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions.