3 Variation Reverse Pushups for Home without Equipment
Reverse pushups – is a functional exercise for the development of the triceps muscles shoulders and upper chest. Reverse pushups so called to because the hands during execution are behind the back, and not in front of the body, as with classic pushups.
Regular classic pushups are a standard exercise for developing strength. This exercise gives excellent results in the development of muscles such as the muscles of the chest, shoulders, arms, back and abs.
There are types of pushups with an emphasis on triceps, each of which is able to uniquely affect not only the triceps but also the muscles of the entire upper body.
In this article, we will look at 3 basic pushups with an emphasis on your triceps.
1. Technique of execution Narrow pushups
- Narrow pushups (narrow grip) – an excellent exercise aimed at the explosive work of the triceps. Sit on the floor in the pushup rack with your palms in such a way that your thumbs and index fingers touch each other.
- The legs are laid back as far as possible and pressed to each other.
Bend your arms a little at the elbows to load the triceps. This will be the starting position.
- While maintaining a straight position, slowly lower yourself without touching the floor.
- Take a short pause and powerfully pushups the body to its original position, without straightening your arms completely at the top point.
Repeat the planned number of times.
Narrow pushups Routine & Tips
- Do not move your elbows apart. They must move along the body throughout the exercise.
- Do not extend your arms completely – this removes the load from the triceps and reduces the training effect.
- This type of push-ups is perfect for completing your triceps workout or as a second exercise for the superset.
2. Backward-facing reverse pushup
Here is another popular exercise Backward-facing reverse pushup, this is exercises be able to strengthen triceps and the possibility to perform at home, this exercise will help you strengthen not only the triceps but also the muscles of the core, shoulders and chest.
How to Do:
- Sit on the floor with your hands behind your back, legs bent at the knees, this will be the starting position.
- Begin to lift yourself off the ground with your hands in the upper position do not fully extend your arms.
- The hips should push your body up until your legs take a position 90 degrees and in the upper position the body should be held only by hands and feet.
- Hold in the upper position for 1-2 seconds, then slowly lower to the starting position.
Perform 105 to 20 repetitions.
3. Full-body reverse pushups
How to Do Full-body reverse pushup:
Another kind of push-ups that will be effective for your triceps is the so-called Full-body reverse pushup.
- Put your palms close to your chest, also when lifting you will need to raise your buttocks and straighten your arms with your hands shifted to the side of your pelvis.
- This movement can remind you of yoga exercises Downward-Facing Dog position.
- This option of push-ups involves all the muscles of your body, not only triceps but we will shift the main focus to triceps. It will also be an effective exercise that will engage the muscles of the abs, back and shoulders.