- Advertisement -
How to Do Classic Push-ups
Classic push-ups are very effective and simple exercises that can be performed both in the gym and at home.
During push-ups, you use your own body weight as a load to train these muscle groups
- Chest muscles
- Shoulder training
- Muscle abs
- Back muscles
The most effective in push-ups is that you can change the degree of load on different degrees of muscle groups.
1. Classic push-ups
What muscles work: Chest
How to Do:
- Take the starting position as when performing the plank, the position of the hands will be directly under the shoulders, the pelvis is perpendicular to the floor.
- Start lowering to the floor with halping the muscles arms and chest, bend your elbows slowly without jerking.
- Lower yourself until the chest touches the floor, as soon as the chest touches the floor, start pushing yourself to the starting position.
- Perform 3 sets in which 15-20 reps.
2. Modified classic push-ups
If you are a girl and you don’t have enough strength to do full push-ups, you can try … You can also combine standing push-ups from the wall, this will also help to understand the push-up technique.
Let’s look at how to perform Modified pushups
- Start the push ups position, and your knees will play a supporting role;
- Straighten your arms, wrists should be directly under the shoulders, shoulders should be directed down;
- Bend your elbows and lower yourself down until your arms are parallel to the floor, the knees will perform a supporting position;
- Hold your body with your core muscles;
- Start lower as you exhale and rise as you inhale;
- When you touch your chest to the floor, linger there for 1-2 seconds and begin to pushups in the starting position;
- Complete 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
3. Wide pushups
Wide push-ups differ from classical push-ups in that the hands are wider than usual, this type of push-ups is well suited for beginners.
How to Do Wide push-ups
What muscles work: chest and shoulders
- Stand in the plank position and put your hands as wide as possible;
- Start lowering your body, bend your elbows, hold your body with your core muscles;
- Lower yourself until the chest touches the floor while inhaling push yourself to the starting position;
- Perform 3 sets, 12-15 reps.