🚨 HIT HOT CHEST EXERCISES
🔥 SEATED CHEST PRESS
✅ HOW TO:
- Sit on the seat with your upper chest just above the horizontal handles.
- Push the foot lever until you are able to grasp the lever.
- Gras the handles using a wide overhand grip and place your elbows out to the sides just below your shoulders.
- Release the foot lever and press the hand lever out until your arms are fully extended.
- Return the weight until your chest muscles are slightly stretched.
🔥 VERTICAL CHEST PRESS
- ✅ Target muscle: Sternal (Lower) Pectoralis Major
- ✅ Synergists: Clavicular (Upper) Pectoralis Major, Anterior Deltoid, Triceps Brachii
- ✅ Mechanics: compound
- ✅ Force: Push
- Exhale as you press the handles out until your arms are fully extended.
- Inhale as you reverse the motion until you feel a mild stretch in your chest.
👇 Comments and tips
- To minimize the pressure on your shoulder joints, keep your elbows a little lower than your shoulders.
- Some chest press machines have a foot lever that will help you to push the handles forward from their resting positions, making them easier to grasp at the start of the exercise. Otherwise, you’d have to stretch your arms far back to grasp the handles. After you grasp the handles, you have to release the lever before starting to press. Once the set is over, you have to use the same foot lever to brace the handles and lower them back to their resting positions without having to stretch your arms far back.
- The machine chest press is great if you want to push very heavy weights with your chest but don’t have anyone to help you with the barbell bench press. Otherwise, the barbell bench press is favorable to the machine chest press. The reason is that the barbell bench press necessitates the recruitment of more stabilizer muscles. The machine chest press is also great for beginners, the elderly, and people undergoing rehabilitation.
🔥 CABLE FLYE
✅ HOW TO GUIDE:
- Adjust the height of the pulley lever to be at shoulder height. Place yourself in the center of the pulley machine while holding the handle of each side. Brace your abdominals and take a step forward. Bring your arms up to shoulder height.
- Begin the movement by pushing the handles forward. Be sure to focus the contraction in your chest muscles.
- Once fully extended, pause then slowly release to the starting position.
🔥 MACHINE FLYE (PEC DECK)
✅ HOW TO:
- Sit on a pec deck machine with your back flat against the back rest.
- Grip the handles and make sure your arms are parallel to the floor. If not parallel,adjust the seat or handles accordingly. This is the start position.
- Exhale and slowly push the handles together squeezing your chest to the middle as you do so. Hold for a count of one.
- Inhale as you return to the starting position in a controlled movement.