🚨 HOW TO LEG EXTENSION 👇
- Targets: Quadriceps
- Equipment Needed: Leg extension machine
- Level: Beginner
🚨 Step-by-Step Instructions
Set up the leg extension machine so the pad is at the top of your lower legs at the ankles. Your knees are at 90 degrees. Select a weight that will give you a moderate load for 10 to 12 repetitions.
- Place your hands on the hand bars.
- Lift the weight while exhaling until your legs are almost straight. Do not lock your knees. Keep your back against the backrest and do not arch your back.
- Exhale and lower the weight back to starting position.
- Do three sets of eight to 12 repetitions.
🚨 VIDEO GUIDE LEG EXTENSION:
✅ Common Mistakes
Avoid these errors so you will get the most benefit and prevent strain or injury.
This is not the machine to try for a maximum lift (1RM), which is the most weight you can lift for just one rep. Due to the risk of knee ligament strain, do not use this exercise for low-rep, high-load strength conditioning.
Don’t do more than three sets of eight to 12 reps at moderate load. You don’t need to do any endurance sets with high repetitions on the leg extension machine.