- Advertisement -
🚨 Tutorial Biceps Exercises & Tips
🔥 EZ BAR CURL VARIATION
- Target muscle: Brachioradialis
- Synergists: Biceps Brachii, Brachialis
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Force: Pull
✅ Starting position
- Stand holding an EZ curl bar using a shoulder-width pronated (overhand) grip. Your knees should be slightly flexed, your arms should be almost fully extended, and the bar should be resting against your thighs.
- Keeping your elbows against your sides, exhale as you flex your elbows and raise the EZ curl bar towards your shoulders until your forearms are vertical.
- Hold for a count of two and squeeze your biceps.
- Inhale as you lower the EZ curl bar to the starting position in a controlled manner.
✅ Comments and tips
- Keep your body rigid and your elbows against your sides. Only your forearms should move.
- Unlike what most people think, the EZ bar reverse curl targets your brachioradialis, not your biceps brachii. The reason is that holding the bar using a pronated grip puts the biceps brachii into a position of mechanical disadvantage, which forces the brachialis and especially the brachioradialis to work harder.
- The EZ bar reverse curl is great for building both your forearms and upper arms.