🔥 V-CUT ABDOMINAL OBLIQUE
🚨 Not down with the latest waist-training trend? Yeah, us either. Skip the too-tight (not to mention uber unhealthy) corsets for these exercises. They’ll target your obliques to trim your waist and leave behind a summer-ready six-pack. ✅ Each move will shape up your sides and work your abs all over, so you can finally stop crunching into oblivion and get solid results with fewer sets—yes! 👇
✅ Exercises for Obliques: Plank Tap
Spruce up your stale side plank with this speedy shaper. You’ll strengthen your core all over, giving your sides a little extra TLC.
🎯 Targets shoulders, abs, obliques, hips, and legs
- Lie on left side, hips and legs stacked and left elbow aligned under left shoulder, with forearm on floor.
- Extend right arm toward ceiling and lift hips, forming straight line from head to heels.
- MAKE IT EASIER: Keep right hand on hip.
- Tap left side of hip to floor for one count, then lift back up to side plank.
- Do 12 reps. Switch sides and repeat.
🔥 RIPPED OBLIQUES
✅ Exercises for Obliques: Wood-Chop Crunch
Tighten it up from every angle with this chest fly-oblique crunch combo. Because the only thing that goes better with a solid stomach are matching biceps (OK fine, maybe a new bikini, too).
🎯 Targets chest, abs, and obliques
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie faceup on floor with knees bent 90 degrees, shins parallel to floor, and arms out to sides, slightly bent with palms up.
- Keeping arms slightly bent, raise dumbbells to touch above chest.
- Lift head and shoulders off floor and reach dumbbells by right hip; then return to center and lower to start.
- Repeat to left side. Do all reps, alternating sides.
🔥 SHREDDED ABS OBLIQUES
✅ Exercises for Obliques: Toe Tap
Make time for this do-anywhere move at the end of your cardio session. Grab a bench, stepper, or any other elevated surface to complete quick, pulsing toe taps.
🎯 Targets abs, obliques, and hip flexors
- Sit on edge of bench and place palms behind you on seat, fingers forward.
- Maintaining a neutral spine, lean back slightly and lift legs, knees bent 90 degrees off ground.
- Keeping chest lifted, shoulders back and right knee still, touch ground with left toe, then raise left knee back to start position. Switch sides and repeat to complete one rep. Do 10 reps.
Tip: For extra ab firming between reps, quickly extend your legs forward so that they’re parallel to the ground, then bend knees to return to start position.
🔥 LOWER ABS UNLEASHED
🔥 OBLIQUES EXERCISES
✅ Exercises for Obliques: Magic Carpet Ride
Be your own genie and grant yourself the wish of hot abs. Bonus: All you need are two towels—one for the exercise and another one to help you out with the sweat situation once you’re finished with this scorcher.
🎯 Targets rectus abdominis, obliques, and transversus abdominis
- Start on an uncarpeted floor in full push-up position, balancing on hands and toes, arms extended, a folded towel underneath feet.
- Contract abs and bring knees in toward chest.
- MAKE IT HARDER: Keep legs straight and lift hips high to bring feet toward hands.
- Hold for one count, then return to start. Do three sets of 10 reps, resting 45 seconds between sets.