🚨 SKULL CRUSHERS PROPER FORM
🔥 SKULL CRUSHERS – is a classical isolated exercise for the complex elaboration of the triceps brachial muscle (ie – triceps). The technique of performing the Skull Crushers implies three possible positions – standing, lying and sitting (including on the bench at an angle). In this article, we will consider only one of these options – in the supine position (including work with the straight bar, as well as the Skull Crushers with dumbbells).
This type of training has become widespread in powerlifting and bodybuilding due to the fact that the target work on the triceps is extremely effective. However, in addition to the triceps arm muscle, the French press technique provides the mediated “work” of a number of other muscles:
- straight and oblique abdominal muscles;
- Pectoral muscles (in particular, the upper and lateral part);
- shoulder muscles;
- deltoid muscles of the shoulder;
- muscles of the back (first of all – the broadest, as well as rhomboid and jagged);
- trapezium (mostly the lower part);
- radial flexor of the wrist.