🚨Shrugs Proper Form🚨
Weight and number of repetitions for beginners
- For men: 10 – 15 repetitions of 20 – 30 kg. 2 – 3 approaches.
- For women: 10 – 15 repetitions of 10 – 20 kg. 2 – 3 approaches.
Technique of execution Shrugs
- You can do both with the barbell in front of you, and with the barbell behind your back. In the version, the front beams of the trapeziums are in front of them. And if the barbell is behind, then the rear beams. Although, to be honest, the difference is not essential.
- If the weight of the bar is quite heavy, then I advise you to use the straps. In order not to be distracted by the grip. But no matter how heavy the weight was, it should be such that you can make at least 8 repetitions. And you need to do before feel burning in the trapezoid. Only then will the result.
- If you tilt the back slightly, the load will move from the top of the trapezoids to their lower fibers (those closer to the scapula). And the stronger the slope of the body, the lower the load shifts.
- It is desirable to work in full amplitude. Maximizing the muscles at the bottom, and lingering for a moment at the very top.
- Exercises on the trapezoid can be done at the end of the workout on the back or shoulders. Since in many exercises on the shoulders work the same way and trapezium.
- Try not to bend your arms in the elbows. In this case, the hands play simply the role of the ropes that connect your shoulders with the barbell.