🚨 HOW TO BUILD YOUR BUTT👇
🚨 ROMANIAN DEADLIFT
The Romanian Deadlift (RDL) is without a doubt one of the best exercises for building the muscles on the backside of the body, muscles that are critical for speed, jumping and nearly every other athletic skill
👇 HOW TO DEADLIFT:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a barbell at thigh level. Your hands should be about shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your back straight, bend at your waist and sit your hips back to lower the bar.
- Keep the bar close to your shins and lower as far as your flexibility allows.
- Forcefully contract your glutes to extend at your hips and stand up.
- See? It really is that simple. But unfortunately, there are some faults that hold people back from realizing the full benefits of this move.
🚨 Barbell Hip Thrust Instructions
- Start in a supine position with your back on a bench and roll a barbell up to the crease of your hips.
- Drive both feet into the floor and squeeze your glutes while bridging your hips up.
- Lower your hips back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
🚨 Barbell Hip Thrust Tips
- If just using your bodyweight, you can cross your arms in front of your chest or simply have them straight out to the sides. Utilize whichever method is more comfortable.
- Ensure that the lower back doesn’t arch as you extend the hip, you should focus on squeezing the glutes and slightly posteriorly tilting the pelvis.
- Ideally you should prioritize a straight line from your knees through your shoulders at the peak of contraction.
- Don’t allow the hips to drop or rotate as you bridge the hips up.
- Focus on exhaling as you bridge the hips up. You shouldn’t feel the movement through your lower back at all.
- If you can’t seem to feel your glutes activating, palpate the musculature with your hands and focus on pausing the movement at the peak of contraction.
🚨 Cable pull-through
✅ Exercise details
- Target muscle: Gluteus Maximus
- Synergists: Erector Spinae, Hamstrings, Adductor Magnus, Soleus
- Mechanics: Compound
- Force: Pull
✅ Starting position
- Grasp the rope attachment of a low pulley, one end in each hand, with the rubber ends making contact with your thumbs.
- Straddle the rope so that your back faces the pulley and the cable runs between your legs.
- Step forward until the rope is pulled taut, and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly, and flex your hips and waist until you feel a slight stretch in your hamstrings.
- Keeping your arms straight, exhale as you stand up straight and pull the rope up through your legs.
- Hold for a count of two and squeeze your glutes.
- Inhale as you reverse the motion and lower the rope to the starting position.