🔥FLAT BENCH SMITH MACHINE PRESS👇
✅ Primary muscle group: Chest
✅ Secondary: Abs, Shoulders, Triceps
✅ Equipment: Full gym
- Position a flat bench below the barbell of a Smith Machine.
- Lie on the bench face up and place your hands slightly outside of shoulder width on the barbell.
- Push the barbell up then immediately rotate it so the hooks turn out. Do not flare out your elbows.
- Slowly lower the barbell and pause just above your chest.
- Push the barbell back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement.
🚨 Dumbbell bench press
🚨 Exercise details
- Target muscle: Pectoralis Major
- Synergists: Anterior Deltoid, Triceps Brachii
- Mechanics: Compound
- Force: Push
🚨 Starting position
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on a flat bench and rest one dumbbell on each knee.
- As you lie back on the bench, kick each dumbbell up into position, one at a time.
- Position the dumbbells to the sides of your chest, with your arms bent at a 90-degree angle. Your elbows should not be pointing straight out to the sides; rather, tuck them in a little to approximately a 45-degree angle.
- Spread your legs, bring your feet back, and place them firmly on the ground. Either your toes or your heels should be planted firmly on the floor.
- Arch your back and straighten your wrists.
- Exhale as you slowly press the dumbbells upward and inward until your arms are almost fully extended and the dumbbells nearly touch.
- Inhale as you slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, or until you feel a slight stretch in your chest.