🔥TRICEP WORKOUT ❌WRONG VS RIGHT❎
🚨 TRICEP DIPS
Triceps Dips on Parallel Bars
In this lesson you will learn how to do triceps dips on parallel bars. This body weight exercise requires a lot of triceps strength, because you have to lift your entire weight. If the first repetitions seems too hard, start off with normal triceps dips, bench dips or a dip machine where you can adjust the weight. Find more triceps exercises at weight training main.
HOW TO TRICEP DIPS:
- Push yourself up on parallel bars, so that your elbows are fully extended and exhale at the same time. Press you shoulders slightly down and extend your entire body (also knees and ankles). Look straight forward and don’t hollow your back. You will probably think that the extended posture is because this site is also about artistic gymnastics, but the straight posture is also important for those who are only interested in bodybuilding. A lot of people bend the knees and arch the back when they do triceps dips. In fact most instructors and websites will teach you to do triceps dips with bent knees and crossed feet. But in my opinion, everybody should keep the entire body straight, so that there is no way you can create momentum with your legs. However, you can bend your legs if you are too tall.
- Keep your arms parallel and lower yourself until your upper arms are parallel to the floor and your shoulders are stretched slightly. Your elbows have to move back and not open up sideways. Move slowly and concentrated, inhale as you move down and keep your body straight. Don’t create momentum, don’t lean over. The lowest position of a normal triceps dip should be with the upper arms parallel to the floor, but some people go down a lot further. A rough rule of thumb is that you should stop before your shoulders feel uncomfortable. Some people can’t do this exercise at all, because their shoulders hurt from the very first moment.
- Then push yourself back up and exhale slowly. Make sure you arms stay parallel and your elbows stay close to your waist. Squeeze your triceps and press you shoulders down a little. The up-motion can be slightly faster than the down-motion. If you feel like bodyweight triceps dips are too light for you, you can use a weight lifting belt and attach weights to it. If you can’t even do 3 dips at the beginning, I recommend you start with bench dips or use a triceps dip machine where you can adjust the weight.
🚨 TRICEPS DIPS MACHINE
HOW TO TRICEPS DIPS MACHINE:
- Take a seated position on the dip machine locking your legs under the knee rolls and placing your feet flat on the floor. Your core is tight and your hands are placed palms down on the machine handles with elbows pointing back rather than flaring sideways. This is the starting position.
- Commence the movement by pushing the weight through the triceps and extending the arm so that the elbow joint opens up and the machine handles push down. Exhale through the movement.
- When the arm is almost fully extended and the triceps is at maximum contraction, reverse the movement back to the starting position, inhaling as you do.
🚨 DB OVERHEAD EXTENSION 🚫WRONG VS ✅RIGHT
🎯 Target muscle: Triceps
✳️ Sets: 4
✳️ Reps: 8-10
🚨 HOW TO OVERHEAD EXTENSION:
1. Use both hands to grab the dumbbell and lift it over your head until both arms are fully extended.
2. The resistance should be resting in the palms of your hands with your thumbs around it.
3. Keeping your upper arms close to your head with elbows in and perpendicular to the floor, lower the weight behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps.
4. Go back to the starting position by using the triceps to raise the dumbbell. Breathe out as you perform this step