🚨 Shouder & Arm Done in 45 Min
✅ This is a great workout to do when you’re short on time and even better when you have a workout partner to switch exercises with on the supersets. There’s a strength set with the barbell overhead press and the rest is focused on building mass.
🚨 How To Do The Lateral Raise
Stand or sit with a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Keep your back straight, brace your core, and then slowly lift the weights out to the side until your arms are parallel with the floor, with the elbow slightly bent. Then lower them back down, again in measured fashion – you’ll find it all the harder if you avoid speeding up. A lot of people will cheat by “shrugging” the weights up using their traps. Resist the urge to do that by not raising your shoulder blades during the rep – instead focus on the delts.
Aim for 10-12 reps with perfect form. Selecting the correct weight is key to doing lateral raises properly and safely. You’ll find that even with relatively light weights, the last few raises are a real challenge, so there’s no need to try to impress by grabbing the heaviest dumbbell. You don’t even need to use dumbbells – a resistance band works well for lateral raises. Don’t go beyond parallel when you’re raising the weights, and ensure you keep your arms out to your sides. If they start creeping forward it’s time to opt for a lighter weight.
🚨 Dumbbell Hammer Curl
The alternate hammer curl exercise uses a hammering (up and down) motion to isolate the biceps and to build bigger arms.
1.) Start off standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, keeping your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in tightly.
2.) Grab a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing inward and extend your arms out at the sides of your body.
3.) While keeping your elbows locked in at your sides, slowly lift your left arm in an arc motion towards your left shoulder, isolating the bicep and squeeze the muscle.
4.) Hold for a count and return back to the starting position.
5.) Repeat the same steps with your right arm for as many reps and sets as desired.
✅ Tips :
Refrain from turning your wrists during this exercise.
✅ Triceps extension
🚨 TRICEP EXTENSION TIPS
- Try to keep your elbows as still as possible throughout the exercises to ensure you’re isolating your tricep muscle
- To get the most from each extension, hold the position for a beat when your arms are fully extended.
- Be aware that shoulder presses also work your tricep muscles so be careful not to overload your triceps with back-to-back exercises
🚨 OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSIONS
✅ Level: Beginners to Advanced
✅ Equipment: Set of dumbbells
- With feet shoulder-width apart and core tight, hold a dumbbell with both hands
- Lift the dumbbell until your arms are fully extended with palms facing the roof and elbows pointing forward. This is the start position
- Bending at the elbows and squeezing your triceps, slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head
- Slowly return to start position and repeat
🚨 SKULL CRUSHERS
✅ Level: Intermediate to Advanced
✅ Equipment: Set of dumbbells (or a weighted barbell)
- Lie flat on the bench with a dumbbell in each hand (or a weighted barbell with both hands). Make sure you head is near the edge of the bench.
- Carefully extend your arms so the weight is above your head.
- Bending at the elbows slowly lower the dumbbells towards your shoulders and pause
- The return to start position and repeat.