- Advertisement -
💪 5 BEST CHEST EXERCISES 👇
🔥 Incline Barbell Bench Chest Press
✅ HOW TO:
- Set up an incline bench in front of a weight rack, making sure you adjust the incline to a comfortable position. The back of the bench should be facing the weight stack.
- Sit on the bench placing your back firmly against the backrest.
- Using an overhand grip, grasp the bar with your hands spaced about twice your shoulder width apart.
- Lift the bar from the rack by pushing up with your chest muscles and hold it straight over your chest with your arms fully extended. This is the start position.
- As you inhale, lower the barbell slowly until it touches your upper chest.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your chest muscles.
- Return to the start position as you exhale, pushing the bar using your chest muscles. Hold for a count of one.
🔥 Smith Machine Bench Chest Press
- Position a flat bench below the barbell of a Smith Machine.
- Lie on the bench face up and place your hands slightly outside of shoulder width on the barbell.
- Push the barbell up then immediately rotate it so the hooks turn out. Do not flare out your elbows.
- Slowly lower the barbell and pause just above your chest.
- Push the barbell back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement.
🔥 Dumbbell Flat Bench Press
✅ HOW TO:
- Lie on a flat bench holding a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip.
- Start by holding the dumbbells slightly wider than shoulder width apart above your shoulders. Your palms should be facing forward.
- Slowly bend your elbows until they are at a 90 degree angle and your upper arms are parallel to the ground.
- Push the weights up by straightening your arms.
- As you push the weights up, move your arms in an arc to bring the dumbbells together, until they meet over the center of your chest. Hold for a count of one.
- Lower the dumbbells by slowly bending your elbows back to 90 degrees.
- Continue lowering your arms until they are a little lower than parallel to the floor. (Your elbows should be pointing slightly towards the floor and you should feel a stretch in your chest muscles and shoulders.)
🔥 Butterflies / Pec Deck / Seated Machine Flyes
✅ HOW TO:
- Sit on a pec deck machine with your back flat against the back rest.
- Grip the handles and make sure your arms are parallel to the floor. If not parallel,adjust the seat or handles accordingly. This is the start position.
- Exhale and slowly push the handles together squeezing your chest to the middle as you do so. Hold for a count of one.
- Inhale as you return to the starting position in a controlled movement.
🔥 Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes
✅ HOW TO:
- Holding a pair of dumbbells, sit on a flat bench and slowly lower yourself back.
- Keep a tight core as you push the dumbbells above your chest. The dumbbells will be facing one another and held together.
- With a slight bend in the elbow, open up your chest and slowly lower the dumbbells to the sides.
- When the dumbbells are parallel with the ground, pause, and return to the starting position.