Strength Band Workout Tips
Strength band it is great decision during a pandemic when, we are all at home and the gyms are closed, strength band maybe can the best tool for train sports at home. The Best for both athletes without experience and athlete with experience in training.
Use strength bands for pumping any parts of the body shape, while using the band you will not load the joints as you use a would with free weight. Due to the fact that muscles are always under static load, the risk of injuries and sprains of muscles and joints is reduced.
Such exercises can also be useful when training small muscle stabilizers.
VARIATION TRAINING WITH STRENGTH BAND
Band have different size, color and have different strength band levels. Let’s see what bands we have:
What are the sizes of the bands and what she have colors:
- Stripes with loops – such stripes can be thin as well as of various lengths.
- Stripes without loops – usually have handles, but there are also no handles, they have different strength colors.
What colors have a Band:
Strength band have different colors, different manufacturers usually have their own resistance standards:
- Green Band – light strength;
- Yellow Band – medium strength;
- Red Band – strength will be above average;
- Black Band – is the toughest strength.
Band: The thinnest and middle bands are usually in the range of 1–10 kg (2–39 pounds) and if it is longer and thicker, then from 5–90 kg (10–210 pounds) of strength.
When you buy a strength band, check with the manufacturer for the color and strength of the strength.
If you don’t know which tape is suitable for you, take the green, usually it has the minimum strength from all manufacturers.
How Сan Use Strength Band Exercise for the Gain Your Results in Sports.
Let’s do the exercise with bands in two steps:
- First: Choose the lightest or middle band and begin to train the whole body with full force. We select 3-4 exercises in which there will be approximately 10-25 repetitions, we will make 3 approaches for each exercise on different muscle groups.
- Second: select the black ribbon and move on to training the gluteal muscles and legs. We carry out about 3-4 approaches for each muscle group where there will be 15-25 repetitions.
5 OUR WORKOUT WITH BAND
1. Lat Pulldown with Band
How to Do Workout:
Take the band in your hands:
- Raise band your hand above a head;
- Hands should be in a tense state;
- Start pulling the tape down with one hand, the second hand remains motionless near the head, feel how the back muscles contract;
- Bring back your arms to their original position.
If you want to learn how to pump your shoulders better, see our article: Best Basic Back Exercises
2. TRICEPS BAND EXTENSION
How to do:
Attach band on the handle behind your back to any fixed object, grab the handles two hands behind a head, your arm will be bent, it is the begin position. Slowly start to flex your your hands so that they are higher head, and then return to the starting position. Perform 15-20 reps in 3 sets.
If you want to know more about triceps pumping, see: How to Cable Triceps Workout
3. BICEPS BAND CURL
How to do:
Stand straight, put the band under your feet and grab the handles with your hands. The starting position will be when the hand are at the very bottom. Start lifting the handles using the strength of the tape, in the upper position, hold for 1-2 seconds and slowly lower it to its original position. Perform 15-20 reps.
4. SHOULDER ROTATION WITH BAND
Take a short band in two hands, hold your hands in front of you near your feet, slowly raise both hands by pulling the bands to the sides. Raise your arms in front of you until your arms are above your head. Return your hands to their start position and do 15-20 reps.
5. DONKEY KICK WITH A BAND
How to Do:
The starting position starts with fours. The bands needs to be fastens in one of the feet. We keep the back straight, the lower back is curved. Raise back your leg above your hips, feel the strength of the band. Feel the tension in the buttocks and hips. Return the leg to its original position, perform 15 times and change the leg.