🔥 How to Bench Tricep Dips
🚨 What are Bench Dips (Tricep Dips)
✅ Bench dips or tricep dips on bench is a compound, bodyweight exercise focusing on your triceps and at the same time improving strength in your shoulders and chest. As the name suggests, you just need a bench or chair to perform the exercise anywhere you want and can do the repetitions indefinitely
🚨Tricep Dips on Bench Benefits
- The bench dip is a CKC (Closed Kinetic Chain) exercise, implying you do the movements about a fixed point (the bench). It increases compression force on your joints thereby improving stability.
- It is a useful exercise that can be included in your triceps and chest workout routine. It can be performed along with the bench press and overhead press for improving your lockout strength.
- By altering your grip or adding weight, you can overload your muscles and increase your upper body mass.
🚨 How to do Bench Dips (Tricep Dips)
- Place a bench or a chair behind your back in a perpendicular position to your body.
- While facing away from the bench, grab the edge of the bench with your hands fully extended and kept at a distance of your shoulder width. Extend your legs forward by bending at the waist so that your legs are at 90 degrees to your torso. It is your initial position.
- As you breathe in, lower your body by bending at your elbows until your upper arm makes an angle slightly lesser than 90 degrees with the forearm.
- As you breathe out, take your torso up by pushing yourself back to the initial position, using your triceps.
- Repeat the above steps to do the desired amount of reps.
🚨 Bench Dips Tips
- Keep your elbows as close to your body as possible all through the movement.
- Make sure your forearms are always pointing down.
- Do not lower your body down too far, since it may cause injury to your shoulder joints.