💪 How to Build the Best Physique
🚨 Having a strong, aesthetic physique is a universal desire. Seeing the rippling, toned bodies of athletes and fitness models may make having a muscular build seem like an unattainable goal, but anyone can improve their physique, as well as their fitness and general health, by beginning an intensive resistance training regimen and making the right dietary choices.
- ✅ It is extremely important to have an understanding of proper technique and body mechanics before you progress to lifting heavier weights. Failure to select a manageable load can result in injury.
- ✅ To make the most efficient use of your time in the gym, consider performing a traditional bodybuilding “split” workout, in which 2 or more muscle groups (e.g. back and biceps/legs and abs) are exercised consecutively during the same workout.
3. ✅ Concentrate on lifting heavy weight multiple times. There is a persistent debate over the best number of sets and reps to perform to achieve certain goals, but most modern fitness research points to one simple rule: if you want to build muscle, you have to lift something heavy a lot of times. Don’t overthink it: start with a straightforward 3×10 structure (three sets of ten repetitions of a given exercise) until progress begins to slow, then either increase the weight you’re using or the number of reps you’re performing to keep improving.
- ✅ Once you’ve gained a little experience with strength training, you can start experimenting with different weights and rep ranges to find out what works best for your body type: low reps (1 to 3) with extremely high weights are most often used to gain explosive strength, while high rep ranges (15 – 30) are useful for increasing endurance.
- ✅ When implementing a set-rep scheme like a 3×10 or 5×5, you should pick a weight that’s heavy enough so that you can only perform that many repetitions per set.