How to Calves Raise in the Simulator
Calves Raise is the basis of exercises that train the calf muscles of the leg, and are used in bodybuilding. It is recommended that you do this exercise at the very end of your workout.
Technique for standing calves raise exercises:
- For this you need to stand in the simulator for raise on socks and place your shoulders under the special rollers of the simulator.
- The legs should be placed in such a way that the heels hang down, and the weight of the body moves exclusively to the socks, so that it would be comfortable to raise and lower the socks. Feet should be parallel to each other, you can slightly part the socks to the sides.
- Straighten upright, legs and torso should be straight, heels, shoulders and pelvis are on the same line.
- Flexing the lower leg, slowly lower yourself resting on your socks until the moment you stretch the tendons and calves as much as possible.
- Take a breath and hold your breath for a split second, tighten your calf muscles and rise sharply due to socks up.
- At the top, linger for one or two seconds and at the same time strain the caviar to the maximum.
- With an exhalation, go down and repeat what was done.
Read our article on Calf Anatomy
How to do Calve Raise
- Exercises raise calves while standing can be done with different shells, with a barbell or dumbbells, but this is more dangerous than in a special simulator.
- Tips on how to perform the exercise raise calves in the simulator and common mistakes that are often found:
- In order to increase the elasticity of the Achilles tendons and the ankle joint has become more mobile, a stop should be made in the lower position doing exercises. And in order to effectively work out calf muscles, do repetitions without respite and pauses. To increase the maximum contraction of the calf muscles, try to straching them well.
- In turn, do not forget about the work of the press, hips and extensor of the spine, they contribute doing right to the calve raise, are in tension and help the body keep its legs and torso in a straight position. Only the ankle joint moves, other compounds are not involved.
- Keep your legs straight, in case of knee bending, the load transfers from calves to soleus muscles.
- The higher the rise – the better, the more muscle fibers are reduced.
- Rise faster than fall, lower without jerking especially if you take a lot of weight.
If you do not follow all the recommendations and the rules of the technique standing calves raise, then the risk of injuring yourself increases.