- Advertisement -
🔥 FULL DELTS LIBRARY
🚨 The Most Effective Shoulder Dumbbell Exercises👇
✅ Shoulder training enhances posture and strengthens the muscles surrounding the shoulder joint. This creates more stability and structure. The shoulder allows for range of movement. When the muscles surrounding the shoulder joint are weak, it can cause injury, immobility and can impair the way you train.
If the shoulders are weak then you will struggle with most upper body workouts. When training the shoulders you are also training the deltoids, these are great when in proportion on a physique. The deltoids provide width to the upper body, and contribute to the V-taper physique, due to the waist appearing smaller.
The deltoids are the muscles that can be seen on the outside of the body, whilst the rotator Cuff group is found within the shoulder joint itself, providing structural support and allowing the shoulder to perform many functions.
To achieve the V-Taper physique, all 3 heads of the deltoids must be developed sufficiently:
– Anterior head of the Deltoid.
– Lateral head of the Deltoid.
– Posterior head of the Deltoid.
The shoulder joint itself is considered as the most mobile joint. It allows for flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, rotation, and circumduction.
If you want to achieve your V-shape look, you need to work on the shape and size of your shoulders. This also improves the look and definition of your arms. Your deltoids will make the area where your shoulder meets your arm, look more defined and built.
Here is how to develop this part of your body with these six exercises:
1. Dumbbell Shoulder Press
This compound movement exercise targets your entire shoulder, but different variations provide enough diversity of movement to make your shoulders even bigger. Using a compound movement will help you gain muscle mass, dumbbell shoulder presses hit both your elbows and your shoulders.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on a bench that has back support.
- Now raise the dumbbells to shoulder height one at a time using your thighs to help propel them up into position.
- Make sure to rotate your wrists so that the palms of your hands are facing forward.
- Now, push the dumbbells upward until they touch at the top.
- After a brief pause at the top contracted position, slowly lower the weights back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
2. Dumbbell Front Raises
You can perform dumbbell front raises one arm at a time or both at the same time. This exercise will give the front part of your shoulders a full look, as well as a round shape. Even though the front of the shoulder is important, don’t forget to focus on the back and side parts.
✅ How To:
- Pick a couple of dumbbells and stand with a straight torso and the dumbbells on front of your thighs at arms length with the palms of the hand facing your thighs.
- Lift the left dumbbell to the front with a slight bend on the elbow and the palms of the hands always facing down.
- Continue to go up until you arm is slightly above parallel to the floor.
- Now lower the dumbbell back down slowly to the starting position as you simultaneously lift the right dumbbell.
- Continue alternating in this fashion until all of the recommended amount of repetitions have been performed for each arm.