GLUTE BRIDGE – are a functional multi-joint movement that stretches the hips, activates the gluteal muscles and gives a tight and slender appearance to the gluteus muscles of the woman. In addition to its loading and toning functions, the gluteal bridge helps prevent and relieve back pain. The main working muscles are gluteus (medium / large / small), secondary muscles are the cortex, the posterior / anterior surface of the thighs, the extensor muscles of the spine, calves.
Performing GLUTE BRIDGE, you get the following benefits:
- The development of the buttocks without the lack of pressure on the lower back (as opposed to squats);
- Tightened muscles the buttocks without using squats;
- Strengthening the muscles of the press;
- The ability to perform an exercise with both your own and free weight;
- Functionality – strengthening and increasing the strength of the muscles involved in running / jumping, etc ;
- Improving the tone (blood circulation) of the pelvic organs and increasing libido;
- Has an increased calorie intake and helps in regulating body weight;
- Simplicity – you do not need simulators, you can perform at home.
Technique of execution GLUTE BRIDGE
Gluteal bridge – an exercise in which it is practically impossible to deviate from the course, i.e. it is performed in a natural way and based on its name. In a step-by-step version, the pelvic elevations are.
Step # 0.
- Place the mat on the floor, lie on your back, bend your knees, place your feet firmly on the floor, place your hands along the body or put it on your stomach. This is your starting position.
Step # 1.
Inhale and, squeezing the buttocks, lift the hips until your body is in a straight line from the shoulders to the knees. At the top of the trajectory, hold on 1-2 counts, compress the buttocks even more, exhale and return to the starting position. Repeat the specified number of times.
Variations GLUTE BRIDGE
In addition to the classical performance of pelvic lifts, variations are also possible:
lifts with one support leg;