Kneeling Cable Crunch
One of the most effective isolating exercises that strengthen the abdominal muscles is twisting. Specialists distinguish several basic types of this exercise, which allows you to diversify the training and pump all the muscle tissue of the abdomen.
Performing twists on the simulator reduces the load on the spine. Strict adherence to the technique of performing exercises will allow you to become the owner of a beautiful, dry abdominal in the shortest possible time.
Top exercises on the simulators, Kneeling Cable Crunch
The starting position is kneeling on the floor, the handle of the simulator holds hands near the forehead. When doing the exercise, you should bend the body, bringing your head closer to your stomach. The pelvis moves back when the body is twisted. Pay attention to the fact that the weight was raised not due to the work of the hands, but as a result of the strain of the muscles of the abdominal press.
At the lowest point, the body should be fixed for a couple of seconds, after which we return to the starting position, reaming the body.
Perform 4 sets of 20 repetitions.
The benefits of the “prayer” (Kneeling Cable Crunch) exercise on the upper block:
- the growth of the power qualities of the muscles of the press;
- tighter abdomen and tone of the abdominal cavity;
- training of the entire muscle group of the cortex (muscle stabilizers);
- can be performed with the transferred injuries, problems with the spine.
Technique of execution Kneeling Cable Crunch
First of all you need to adjust the upper block and take the initial position:
- Attach the rope handle to the rope of the upper block. Of course, in the absence of a rope handle, you can use a straight or V-shaped handle, but they will be less convenient for twisting.
- Putting on the simulator a moderate weight, which will perform the exercise in the correct technique.
- Go face to the block and grab the handle of the simulator with a straight grip. However, when using a straight handle, it is more convenient to hold it with a back grip.
- Go to a distance of 1-1.5 meters back, but no further. Slowly sink to your knees, overcoming the force of weights, arms bend in the elbows.
- Tilt the body forward, slightly rounding the back. Pull the handle of the machine to your forehead. Keep the pelvis still, the back slightly rounded, and do not relax the muscles of the press during the whole approach.
- On exhalation smoothly twist the body forward, lowering your head almost to the surface of the floor. In this case, the elbows should touch the knees. Мaximally round the top of the body, feeling the contraction of the muscles of the press.
- At the lowest point of the amplitude, hold your position for 1-2 seconds.
- On inhalation, slowly return to the starting position. Do not straighten your back completely.
Do 3-4 sets for 12-20 repetitions. By adjusting the degree of exercise, you can shift the emphasis to the abdominal muscles.