How To Do Standing Cable Crunch
Consider such a universal exercise as a standing cable crunch.
Exercise standing cable crunch this is a version of the classic rope crunch that is done from the knees, in this version you can perform the exercise with greater amplitude, while maintaining maximum stability.
Involved the Muscle
- MAIN MUSCLES: rectus abdominal;
- SECONDARY MUSCLES: external and internal oblique muscles, transverse abdominal;
- ANTAGONISTS: spinal erectors, longissimus dorsi and other muscles along the spinal column, and lower back muscles.
How to Do:
- Stand using a shoulder-width stance and hold the rope.
- Flex your spine to bring your shoulder down.
- Perform to 12-15 reps in 3 sets.
Benefits of Training
- A useful exercise in which you can easily select the load weight when pumping the press, as well as adjust it by increasing or decreasing depending on the goals
- The range of motion increases due to the fact that you are standing straight, you can adjust the movement and angle of inclination when crunch.
- The ability to workout the oblique muscles of the abdomen, shifting the load, to the right or left, thereby for one approach you can work out the entire muscle of the abdomen
- Try not to round off your back heavily when using heavy weights.
- Do not get too far from the cable machine, use the optimal distance.
- Don’t fall too low.
- At the very bottom of the crunch, take a short pause as much as possible reducing the muscles of the abs.
Ab Crunch Variations
Side Oblique Crunch – these are crunch that is aimed at working out the oblique muscles of the press.
Crunch in the simulator – is a very similar exercise with standing cable crunch the same maximum stability and workout the whole abdominal muscles.
See more article: How to Best Intense Ab Workout