🔥 Landmine Row
🚨 This is just a small gym hack for the landmine row that I found out months after I first started training that completely changed how I performed the exercise.
1. Use multiple smaller plates instead of the big 45lbs/20kg plate as this will allow you to bring the bar close to you, increasing the ROM (I know it is not a crazy different amount, but it definitely helps me get that contraction)
2. Use a double row handle when performing the exercise as gripping the barbell is very uncomfortable and can be slippery!
🚨 Landmine Single-Arm Barbell Row
🔥 Coaching Notes: 👇
- Start with your feet perpendicular to the bar in a shoulder-width stance with both knees bent.
- Position your trunk so your chest is just above parallel to the ground and your back is flat.
- Position the arm you use for the movement with the shoulder directly over the barbell.
- Use the arm outside of the barbell to deload your spine by placing your elbow on your outside knee and stabilizing your lower back and pelvis.
- Maintaining a flat spine, row the barbell up, driving your elbows up and controlling the movement back down into a stretched position at the bottom.
- To enhance range of motion, load smaller plates (10’s or 25’s) on the bar, since this will allow more room for a deep stretch in the bottom position.