- Advertisement -
🚨THE PROPER FORM FOR THE TRICEP PUSHDOWN
- ✅ Target muscle: Triceps Brachii
- ✅ Synergists: None
- ✅ Mechanics: Isolation
- ✅ Force: Push
✅ Starting position
- Stand under the cable pulley and grasp each end of the rope attachment with a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
- Pull your elbows down to your sides and lean forward a little at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- Exhale as you extend your elbows and push the rope all the way down. As your arms extend, twist your wrists so that your palms face down at the end of the movement.
- Inhale as you reverse the motion and return the rope to the starting position.
✅ Comments and tips
- Keep your elbows tucked in to your sides.
- Stay close to the cable to provide resistance throughout the exercise.
- In one study by the American Council on Exercise (ACE) that compared the effectiveness of triceps exercises, the triceps rope push-down came fifth and proved to be significantly more effective than the triceps bar push-down. The exercises that came top of the list were the triangle push-up (which came first), dumbbell kickback (second), bench dip (third), and overhead barbell triceps extension (fourth).