🚨 KILLER TRICEPS WORKOUT FOR MASS 👇
🔥CABLE ROPE TRICEP PUSHDOWN ❌ WRONG VS RIGHT ❎
🚨 How to:
- Set up a cable station with a straight bar on attached to the top pulley.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip,with your hands slightly less than shoulder width apart.
- Position your feet shoulder width apart,with knees slightly bent for stability.
- Pull the bar down until your forearms are parallel to the floor with your elbows close to your body and your wrists locked in a straight position. This is your staring point.
- Moving only your forearms, push the bar down towards the floor until your arms are fully extended and you feel a stretch in your triceps. Hold for a count of one and squeeze your triceps.
- Return to the start position moving your forearms only. Hold for a count of one then repeat.
🚨 Triceps Extension vs Skull Crushers
🚨 HOW TO:
- Set up a decline bench to between 15 and 30 degrees. (The angle is not important, your comfort and form is.)
- Place the EZ bar on the rack at the foot of the bench.
- Sit on the bench and position your feet under the foot pads.
- Lean forward and grip the EZ bar with an overhand grip, shoulder width apart.
- Lift the bar from the rack. (Because of your position when doing this, I recommend getting a spotter to assist you)
- Lat flat on the bench holding the bar above your chest with your arms extended and elbows locked.
- Lower the EZ bar towards you by bending your arms toward you in a smooth arc. Your upper arms should not move.
- Continue lowering the bar until it is just above or gently touching your forehead. You should feel a stretch in your triceps.
- Hold and squeeze you triceps for a count of one.
- Return to the staring position by extending your arms in a smooth arc. (Again, your upper arms should not move)
I often get asked whether you should stand completely upright or lean forward slightly during tricep pushdowns. When training your triceps, you always want your arms to be “diagonally placed” to the plane which means either leaning a little bit forward when standing or pushing your arms a little backwards if laying down like with skullcrushers. This provides better leverage and is the best and safest way to fully engage your triceps.
Additionally, whereas with most exercises you want to go all the way up and all the way down, this is one where you actually do not want to use too big of a range of motion. You should keep your wrists in line with your forearms which means bringing the weight up to the point where your wrists are about to bend.