🔥TRY THIS COMPLETE LEG WORKOUT💪
✖️ GOAL: Huge Legs 💪
✖️ TIME: 70-90minutes ⏱
✅ I chose the weights i’m using based on the weights I used the last time I performed that exercise and increased the load by roughly 5%.
✅ RPE means Rate of Perceived Exertion. A term that references the effort you exert during each set.
🔥 Lying DB Hamstring Curl
✅ Exercise Tips:
- Start the exercise by using a very light weight. You will want to keep you upper body and upper legs as still as possible throughout the movement. Using a dumbbell that is too heavy for you may cause your body to jerk or swing which can lead to injury.
- You can have a training partner place the dumbbell properly between your feet if you have a hard time lifting it from the floor.
- Always make sure that the dumbbell is completely secure between your feet before beginning the movement.
- Focus on moving the weight with your hamstrings utilizing a full range of motion.
✅ RPE is based on a scale from 1-10. 10 = I couldn’t have done 1 more rep. RPE 9 = I could have done 1 more rep. I worked at RPE 7-8, which means I could have done 2-3 more reps each set, but stopped early.
✅ Reason for stopping before failing? Avoiding a plateau next week and in the following weeks. Can’t operate at 100% 24/7.
🔥 HACK SQUAT
🔥 Heavy Weight vs Light Weight Hack Squat
✅ Heavy training is obviously highly effective for building muscle and strength.
Specifically, heavy training with a focus on progressive overload.
However, the machine hack squat is one exercise where guys tend to take this concept to the extreme. The cold hard truth is that if you can barbell hack squat two plates on each side you can probably stick four plates on both sides (or more) when using the hack machine.
✅ It’s just far easier to lift heavier weight.
Again, you don’t have to stabilize the weight and, also, the weight is resting on your shoulders instead of an awkward position behind your legs.
But, in my experience, using lighter weights in a controlled eccentric manner is actually more effective than obscenely heavy hack squatting. This means slow eccentric reps of 12 and over that are really deep and finishing the final set at failure.
I realize that many will turn their noses up at this but you’re going to be far better off if you can actually hack squat with solid form and depth.
🔥 Walking DB Lunges
✅ HOW TO LUNGES:
- Set up with your feet shoulder width apart and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Step forward with one leg and allow both knees to bend simultaneously.
- Descend until the back knee touches the floor.
- Drive through the front foot and extend the knee as you stand up fully and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the opposite leg.
- Repeat the desired number of repetitions.