Lower Back: To Strengthen
A set of exercises for the lower back – get rid of pain
Pain in the Lower back at least once in a lifetime was experienced by every adult. Let’s look at the cause of the pain, what exercises for the lower back should be done to make it healthy and strong, how to pump up the lower back.
About strengthening the lower back muscles
The lower muscles soften or absorb the compression load on the spinal column. It is logical that strengthening the muscles of the lower back will allow them to better perform their function. The roots of the spinal cord, leaving the spine, will not be infringed (that is, there will be no backache and pain during bending, walking).
Entry-level Lumbar Exercises
Next, we will talk about exercises for the lower back and how to pump up the muscles of the lower back. In addition, we will talk about the press and its role in eliminating back pain.
When your lower back hurts, you need a special workout. And you don’t need a gym now.
Strengthen the Abdominal
You say – what does the abs have to do with it, if your back hurts? We recall the topic of muscle antagonists. If you swing only the back, your lower back will be bent backward. And so – there will be uniform support from all sides. That is, in order for the support of the spine to be optimal, the muscles must be strengthened on all sides of the body.
Before starting classes, inflammation should be removed. While you feel sharp pain, we'r not recommend workout in the gym.
When the pain has become dull, aching, less noticeable (inflammation removed), start doing exercises.
Exercise № 1
- Lie on a polymer mat, put your hands on your chest, bend your legs at the knees.
- Raise your head and upper chest, trying to bend as much as possible in the chest. Do not tear your lower back.
- Do 10 reps. Put your hands behind your head, repeat the same thing 10 reps. Watch your sensations so that is don’t feel pain.
Exercise № 2
Lower back rotational:
- Now stretch your arms along the torso and hold them a few centimeters from the floor. With your right hand, stretch to the right heel by bending the lower back to the side. Then repeat the movement for the left side.
- Do 10 reps on each side.
Over time, you will be able to more lift the case relative to the floor. Now we have pumped the front of the abdomen and sides.
Now do the back exercises
Now let’s take care of the back. Ideally, do hyperextension in the simulator. But if this is not possible, we will proceed from what we have. And we have a rug, right?
Exercise № 1
- Lie on your mat belly down. Stretch your arms forward, clasp their palm to palm, as if about to dive.
- Bend lightly so that your body lifts slightly above the mat. Keep tension, then lower back. Do it 10 reps.
- Get on all fours – resting on your knees and palms. Bend your lower back as much as possible, raising your head. Now, on the contrary, round your back up and lower your head.
- This movement is called Exercise Cat. Do it 10 reps.
Further, you can already think about how to work out the lower back with more serious workouts. Let’s go – hyperextension in the gym!
If you are interested in how to pump your lower back at home, then you can make a place for hyperextension on the couch and ask for help from a spotter person. If this is not possible – go to the gym or follow the exercises hyperextension in the machine.
So, how to pump up the lower body using hyperextension, working on the simulator.
- Adjust the height of the simulator so that your pelvis lies half on the support.
- Place your hands on your chest or behind your head. Keep your back so that there is a natural deflection in the lower back. Flatten the shoulder blades. Keep your head slightly up.
- Lower your torso down to the level until your stretch allows you to maintain the correct deflection in the lower back. Climb to a straight line with your feet.
- Keep your back straight all the time!
Take 1 set of 15 reps for the first time. Then you can add to 3 approaches.