When Performimg Squats:
1. Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart, your toes turned out slightly & arms resting at your sides.
2. Engage your abdominal muscles and broaden across your chest by gently pulling your shoulder blades in towards each other.
3. Bend your knees slowly, pushing your butt and hips out and down behind you as if you are sitting down into a chair. Keep your head and shoulders aligned over your knees and your knees aligned over your ankles. Keep your weight balanced evenly between the front and back of your feet.
4. Lower your body until thighs are parallel to ground. Keep knees externally rotating, or tracking over your toes; don’t let them fall inward.
5. Straighten your legs to come up (slight bend at knee). Do not lock knees. *During each squat, knees should never be further out than toes.