- Target muscle: Anterior Deltoid
- Synergists: Lateral Deltoid, Upper (Clavicular) Pectoralis Major, Serratus Anterior, Middle and Lower Trapezius
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on a chair or bench and allow the dumbbells to hang straight down by your sides.
- Keeping your elbows very slightly flexed, exhale as you raise the dumbbells forward and upward in a semicircular motion until your arms rise a little above horizontal.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Inhale as you lower the dumbbells in a controlled manner to the starting position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.