🚨 BUILD YOUR UPPER/👇LOWER WORKOUT SPLIT
✅ An Upper/Lower split is perfect for a 4 day workout split. You will perform 2 Upper Body sessions and 2 Lower Body Sessions. To make this more effective make sure you dedicate one of each session to strength training and one to hypertrophy to maximise your results
✅ Below are some exercises you can perform on your upper/lower days which are very effective for building muscle.
✅ Cycle between these workouts and utilise them 3-4 times a week for great results.
🚨 Barbell Bench Press / Chest Press
✅ HOW TO:
- Position yourself with your back down on a flat bench placing the hands up on the bar using an underhand grip slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- After taking a deep breath in, extend the elbows and lift the bar up off the rack until elbows are extended but not locked. Pause for a brief movement as you fully extend your breath.
- Lower the weight directly down to the chest as you breath inwards, keeping the movement pattern slow and steady.
- Once just above the chest, pause, and then press directly up again, exhaling your breath.
- Continue until all reps are completed and then re-rack the barbell.
✅ If you want to get the most optimal results you should be training each muscle group 2-3 times a week. This means if you are training 4 times a week it would be effective to divide your leg sessions into a strength vs hypertrophy focus.
🚨 Barbell Squats
- Set up the barbell on the squat rack so that it is at the same height as your upper chest.
- Position your body under the bar, with knees bent so that the bar is resting high on the back of your shoulders.
- Grip the bar with your hands comfortably wider than your shoulders.
- Slowly straighten your legs to push upwards, lifting the barbell from the rack and take one step forward.
- Stand with your legs shoulder width apart.
- Bend your knees forward and allow your hips to bend back as if sitting down
- Continue this movement down until your thighs are parallel to the floor or slightly more, making sure your knees are pointing in the same direction as your feet.
- Hold for a count of one.
- Push up through your heels while straightening your hips and knees, until you are standing in the start position.
- Make any adjustments necessary to your stance and grip before continuing on the next repetition.