Squats with a barbell on the chest.
Now our cool workouts you can watch in the video format. Subscribe!
Squats with a barbell on the chest – this is the basic exercise, in which the main load lies on the quadriceps of the hip, the muscles of the back of the thigh and the large gluteal. There is an opinion that squats with a barbell on the chest isolate the quadriceps well and perform the exercise at the end of the workout to give shape to the muscles, but until you try it – do not know.
There are 2 types of grip for this exercise:
- Crossover grip, when the arms are bent at the elbows and hold the barbell from above. It is quite easy to hold the barbell, but after it the front deltas are very sore. More suitable for beginners.
- Grab of weightlifting. Sit down under the bar and grasp it slightly wider than your shoulders. The barbell should lie on the front deltas, not on the collarbone. Be sure to bend in the lower back and bend your hands. The elbows are forward. The lower you lower your elbows, the harder it is to hold the bar. This exercise is not designed for a beginner, you will need a strong loin and muscles of the press.
Go to the barbell and bend in the lower back, then take off the barbell in a convenient way for you. Take a small step back. Place your feet shoulder width apart, your toes slightly turned to the sides. The chin is slightly raised.
The technique of performing squats with a barbell on the chest.
Take a breath and start squatting. It should be lowered first of all by the pelvis, and not by the body, this means that the center of gravity should be in the middle of the foot. Go smoothly, the heels are firmly pressed to the floor and do not come off. Knees bend in the direction of socks. Go down to the parallel with the floor, if desired, you can and below. When you will pass a heavy part of the ascent, start exhaling. Always keep the chin up.
- Mandatory deflection in the lower back.
- It is necessary to lower first of all the pelvis.
- The heels are tightly pressed to the floor, they do not move.
- Watch the elbows, they are directed forward.
- This exercise is not for beginners, work on technology.
Errors when doing squats with a barbell on the chest
- Don’t Incline the body forward.
- Don’t Reducing the knees.
See also other topics of squats: