Push-ups on the uneven bars with an emphasis on the triceps – rock hands.
Push-ups on the uneven bars on the triceps – this is an excellent basic exercise, allowing you to increase the volume and strength of the hands, as well as improve the stability of the shoulder girdle. The triceps style of push-ups differs from that of the thoracic, or more precisely, it has its own peculiarities.
Load on the muscles.
In order to understand what are the differences in the technique of performing push-ups with an emphasis on the triceps and on the chest, let’s consider the mechanics of the work of the mentioned muscle groups.
In general, with push-ups on the uneven bars used:
- Triceps – take over the bulk of the work with the correct execution of the movement.
- Large pectoral muscles – help triceps and pull on the load in case of non-compliance with technique. Then we get breast push-ups.
- Deltoid muscles of the shoulder (anterior fasciculus). They do not play a leading role in this exercise, so we will not dwell on them.
The main function of the triceps is the extension of the arm in the elbow joint. The long head also participates in extending the shoulder and bringing the shoulder to the body. Chest muscles work in synergy with triceps. However, their main function is to bring the hands to the body and rotate them inwards.
Details of the technique of the exercise will be given below. Now the main thing is understanding the principle of the movement.
As for the safety of performing push-ups on the uneven bars, it is important to take into account that the exercise creates a load on the elbow and shoulder joints, as well as on the wrists. That is, if you have weak muscles of the shoulder girdle or had any joint injuries, you should perform the exercise very carefully, carefully listening to your feelings. Perhaps you should start to push off with a partial amplitude, and then, when the muscles get used to the load, go to the full. Push-ups on the uneven bars for triceps are well combined with arm extensions in the slope, push-ups with a narrow grip, reverse push-ups, press with a narrow grip.
Technique of execution
To perform push-ups with an emphasis on the triceps, you will need parallel bars, the distance between them will be slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Take the initial position – the emphasis on the uneven bars on the straight hands. The body must be in an upright position, that is, it is not necessary to deviate forward. Bend your legs, try not to cross. In the shoulders do not sag, the back and neck are even, the look is directed forward.
- Inhale and slowly down. At the same time, take your elbows back. Try to maintain the maximum vertical position of the body. The front of the shoulder when moving down will be noticeably stretched. Do not allow pain in this area. As a rule, it is recommended to bend your hands to the right angle, however, everything is individual here. The larger the amplitude, the higher the load not only on the muscles, but also on the joints.
- On exhalation, as much as possible straining triceps, rise in a starting position. Repeat the exercise.
For weight gain and increase in the volume of hands, it is recommended to do push-ups on the uneven bars 10-15 times in 3-4 approaches. The technique of doing the exercise in this case is more important than the number of movements made. The slower the pace in which you work, the greater the load, and, accordingly, the more effective the training.