How to Do Dumbbells Curl
In this article we will consider several options for dumbbells curl you will learn how to right and wrong perform this exercise.
Remember the hands of Arnold Schwarzenegger? He had a biceps are tall and long – beautiful, isn’t he? Arnold has always been a supporter of heavy strength training, which give the main increase in muscle mass. But it was precisely to work out the biceps that Schwarzenegger used such an exercise as concentrated dumbbell curl. True, he performed it a little differently than in our photo. Here is a classic version of this exercise.
Based on the name, it is easy to guess that your task is to perform the exercise as qualitatively as possible in order to concentrate the stress exactly at the peak of the biceps.
How to do Dumbbell Curl
- To do this press the elbow strictly in the middle of the thigh – during the exercise;
helping with the whole body or with the help of swing hands is not permissible;
- You curl your arm strictly at the elbow joint, pause at the top, “at the peak of contraction,” and slowly return the dumbbell to its original position.
- Also do 12-15 reps, in 3 sets.
Read also biceps training information: 3 Ways to Pump Your Biceps
How to build a really beautiful massive biceps, read our tips.
1. First tip: If you are a beginner, you need to remember and put into practice the main rule of “workout on the mass” in the gym. The basis of your training should be the so-called heavy basic exercises:
- Barbell and Dumbbells Press;
- Squats, lunges;
- Various types of row, curl – exercises.
It is these exercises that give a general grow a muscle mass and strength. But if you carry out only those exercises where no more than one or two muscles work, you will not only not pump up beautiful hands – you basically will not achieve a more or less good, visible result.
2. The Second Tips: You need to do regularly exercises, and not from time to time. At least three times a week.
3. The third tip: When working to increase muscle grow, a special diet with an accent on protein products is important. If you are gain weight, then you need to consume up to 2 grams of protein 1 kilogram of weight per day. Ideal sources of protein are fish, poultry, lean meat, seafood, sour milk, and egg whites.
Tips, Biceps Curl
- SWINGING – Do not do this, there is no need to swing. If you’re swinging from the start then it’s way too heavy. Choose a weight that you can get atleast 8 reps out without needing to swing.
- CONTRACTION – Notice in the “right way” video I really focus on contractions by turning in my wrist and also pausing half a second.
- TEMPO – It isn’t a race. Slow down and focus on the time under tension. I suggest going up for 1-2 seconds and going back down for 3-4 seconds.