It is impossible to unequivocally say what is best for strength training – dumbbells or fitness equipment, because both shells are suitable for achieving certain goals.
A training program for girls who decided to weight lose
Combine strength with cardio. The latter will allow you to spend more calories, and strength exercises will pump muscles and help your weight loss body look even cool.
How often to do. To achieve the goal, take time each week for 3 strength training and 2 cardio sessions.
- The latter can be of two types: 30-60 minutes on cardiovascular equipment or 20-30 minutes of intensive circular training, if you are not ready to go to the gym five times a week.
- How much exercise to do. Do 5 sets of 6-12 reps.
- How to eat. Create a calorie deficit: spend more than you consume.
Training program for girls who want to build muscle
if you don’t have excess weight, we advise you not to get involved in cardio but to direct all your efforts to strength training.
- How often to do. Plan 3 such workouts per week with at least 48 hours of rest in between.
- How much exercise to do. Unless otherwise indicated, do 5 sets of 6-12 reps.
- How to eat.
- Add more protein-rich foods to your diet, or buy protein powder. To build muscle, you must consume 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
What should be strength training
- Regardless of the program, each strength training begins with a warm-up. It must be performed in the following order:
- Joint warm-up. Twist the joints of the arms and legs 10 times in each direction, make the bends and turns of the body and neck.5-10 minutes of light cardio. Any suitable simulator is suitable: track, stepper, bike. If everything is busy, jump rope.
In addition, before each exercise with a large weight, an additional warm-up with a small one is needed. This will prepare the target muscles for work and protect you from injuries. For example, if you are going to squat with a barbell of 50 kg, do 5 times with the bar, then 3 times with 30 kg and 3 times with 40 kg. Only then move on to the main load.
So, any training program in the gym for girls should begin with a warm-up. To begin, run 7-10 minutes on a treadmill, then stretch your entire body using standard exercises: bending, lunges, arms, squats and so on.
Then proceed to the main exercises:
- Barbell Squats – 15 Times
- Lunges with dumbbells – 20 times
- Dumbbell pull one hand – 20 times
- The pull of the upper block – 12 times
- Incline Bench Dumbbell Press – 12 Times
- Twisting – 20 times
Perform this set of exercises on the same day every week. To start, do one approach, but over time, increase the number to two, and then three approaches.
On another day of the week, you need to change the exercises:
- Rod pull to belt – 15 times
- The pull barbell with a narrow grip – 12 times
- Plie squats with dumbbells – 15 times
- Lunges – 20 times
- Ab Wheel Rollout – 20 times
- Hyperextension – 15 times