HOW TO DO TRICEP DIPS & CHEST DIPS
In order to separate the load on the muscles of the chest and the muscles of the triceps, you need to understand how to properly perform the exercise chest dips & tricep dips.
What muscles work?
With the correct technique for performing the exercise “Push-ups on the unevens bars”, the following muscle groups work:
- Main target: Tricep;
- Secondary muscle: Chest, Shoulders.
Technique of execution Tricep Dips & Chest Dips
- Keep your body on outstretched arms. This is the starting position.
- While breathing in, slowly lower yourself, keeping the body motionless in an upright position. Keep your elbows close to your body, it workout more tricep. Bend your arms to a right angle.
- As you exhale, concentrating on the triceps, straighten your arms and return to the starting position.
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
Tips: If you are a beginner and you do not have enough strength, do this exercise in a special simulator or use help a spotter. Advanced athletes can work with extra weight on the belt.
Difference between Tricep Dips & Chest Dips
In order to load the chest you need a simulator “uneven bar for dips”, jump on the uneven bars, arms wider than the shoulders and also slightly bent at the elbows, the body is even and slightly tilted forward, so we will shift the load to the chest.
- In the case of triceps we will also need bars, only this time we will change the position of the hands and the body’s slope;
- Grip on the uneven bars should narrowly be the shoulders and the body should be even;
- Do the required number of repetitions.
How to perform Triceps Dips
Perform no more than 3-4 sets in which you can do 10-12 repetitions. If you are already an experienced athlete you can perform tricep dips with weight. Take a special belt and hang the weight on it.