One-Legged Cable Kickback.
Now our cool workouts you can watch in the video format. Subscribe!
Such a movement, as the cable kickback, or in a scientific way – the extension of the thigh is performed by reducing the muscles of the buttocks and the back of the thigh. The swing in the crossover allows you to maximally work the gluteal region, selecting weight the appropriate level of preparation.
Among the advantages of performing cable kickback in the crossover can be identified the following:
- The exercise is aimed at the development of large gluteus muscles. In addition, the musculature of the hamstrings is used.
- The crossover does not fix the trajectory of the leg movement and the position of the body, therefore, in addition to the target muscles, the muscles of the stabilizers work.
- You can adjust the level of load on the gluteal muscles not only by changing the weight in the simulator, but by changing the position of the body, bending / flexing the working leg.
This exercise is isolated, ideally, the movement is carried out only in the hip joint.
Cable kickback– can be performed as an alternative to squats in knee injuries, since knee joints do not involve it or use it minimally (with the bending of the working leg).
One-Legged Cable Kickback is quite a simple exercise, and it is quite possible to perform it even for beginners.
Technique of execution.
Swinging the legs back in the crossover can be performed standing or with an emphasis on the hands and knees. First consider the first, the most popular option:
- Stand facing the support of the block simulator.
- Attach the cuff to the cable of the bottom block, which will allow you to secure the cable to the foot or ankle. Put your foot in the cuff.
- Conveniently take hold of the support of the simulator, fix the body. The pelvis should be strictly above the foot of the supporting leg.
- Slightly attach the working leg and swing back. Remember that the gluteus muscles are able to take the straight leg back 10-15 degrees from the vertical line. Then the muscles of the back are turned on. Therefore, if the body you keep straight, do not move your foot too far and do not bend.
- Do not unfold the hip outward, the movement is strictly backward.
- At the top of the movement, take a short pause and lower the leg to its original position.
By tilting the body forward, you can adjust the amplitude of the swing. Accordingly, the lower you bend, the greater the amplitude of the foot movement. Accordingly, the gluteus muscle will stretch more and work more efficiently. Do not forget to control your back – a natural deflection in the lower back is allowed, but no more. Do not bend your back.
See also leg exercises: