Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts are a light version of the Classic Romanian Deadlifts (with a barbell) and is used to train the biceps of the hips and buttocks. This exercise is basic and performed at the beginning of the complex on the hamstrings or glutos.
The technique of carrying out Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts
– Pick up dumbbells and stand upright;
– Make a deflection in the lower back, straighten the shoulders and keep this position throughout the working approach.
Execution Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts
- Keeping your back flat, tilt the body forward to parallel with the floor, while slightly bending your legs in the knees;
- From the bottom point of the exercise, rise due to the powerful effort of the biceps hips and buttocks;
- Carry out the planned number of repetitions.
Tips and Recommendations Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts
- Do not bend your back in any way; it may result in injury;
- In the standing position, try to further strain the gluteal muscles – this will enhance the effectiveness of the exercise;
- To increase the load on the gluteal muscles, do this exercise on the straight legs (flexion in the knees is minimal), but note that in this case the working weight should be reduced;
- The number of repetitions in the Romanian deadlift is 6-8 for men, 10-12 for girls.