Steep Incline Alternating Dumbbell Press
Incline Alternating Dumbbell Press – can be classified as the best basic exercises for the effective pumping of the pectoral muscles and the development of tremendous strength.
The dumbbell bench press on an inclined bench allows a greater range of motion than the bar bench barbell press and allows you to work out your muscles better. In addition stabilizing muscles are involved to a greater extent, since it is necessary to separately control the movements of both hands.
Technique Executing Steep Incline Alternating Dumbbell Press
1. Set the inclined bench at an angle of 30 degrees: This is necessary to use 100% of the muscle fibers of the chest. Also, the use of such an inclination makes it possible to minimize the work of the triceps and deltas.
2. The main difference and advantage of the press of dumbbells on an incline bench is the absence of the interval between pull a weights. This position makes it possible to increase the amplitude of motion and much better to use the pectoral muscles.
3. Accept the starting position and settle on the prepared bench. Carrying out a negative phase with dumbbells, first with one hand, then with the other one in turn. It is necessary to make sure that the hands move parallel during the entire movement.
4. Having reached the depth of the negative phase, you will feel a deeper stretching of the pectoral muscles than when working with the bar. In addition, muscle stabilizers are involved, which sleep when the movement is performed with the neck.
5. Hold for a couple of seconds at the bottom and get the maximum stretch of chest, exhale and under controlled movement return dumbbells to the starting position.
6. Keep elbows unfolded and directed toward the ears: this will enable you to load the muscle fibers qualitatively throughout the entire plane of the chest.
How to Press dumbbells to the starting position:
- First, move the dumbbells to the bench on which you will perform the exercise.
- Take the dumbbells and sit on the bench, put the dumbbells on your knees.
- Take a deep breath and with a sharp jerk, lift the dumbbells to the starting position. You may need help from a spotter.
- Use the dumbbell bench press on an incline bench in your training complex and strictly follow the above exercise technique.