How to Do Triceps Dips: Type Workout, 5 Beginner Mistakes.
Triceps Dips on the uneven bars are the most popular and affordable exercise for pumping such muscles as pectoral, triceps, deltoid muscles. Let’s look at the most common mistakes when doing push-ups on the bars, as well as types of dips and variations for executing.
- Triceps pump perfectly – The muscle that is on the back of your arms and occupies 80% of the arm’s volume, it is the triceps that forms the volume whole hands
- Pumping of the pectoral muscles – push-ups on bars perfectly form the pectoral muscles, namely the lower part of the pectoral muscles.
- Train outside the gym – Push-ups on the uneven bars not only pump almost the entire upper body, these exercises can be performed on the bars on the platforms, push-ups from the bench, and perform exercises from any highness.
Before you begin the exercise, you need to warm up properly, knead the joints of the hands, wrists, first of all, it is this part of the body will be under maximum load.
Consider the variations for doing push-ups on the uneven bars, you can choose one that suits your level of training, and perform 3-4 times a week with a break of one day between workouts. Do 5 sets of 8-10 times.
- Jump on the uneven bar and lower your shoulders.
- Make sure that your shoulders do not rise throughout the exercise.
- Straighten your arms, but do not block your elbow joint. The elbow should remain slightly bent – so the muscles will be in tension throughout the approach.
- Get down to the parallel of the shoulders with the floor.
- Make sure that your elbows go back and not to the side. Such a mistake overloads the shoulders and elbows and can lead to inflammation and pain.
- If you work out in the gym, add push-ups on the bars to your program on the day you work out the triceps and chest. Perform 3-5 sets of 6-12 reps.
- Keep in mind that the last few times in the approach should be hard for you. If you need to take a belt with a weighting agent, dips with a weight.
- If you practice at home or outdoors, doing the dips on the bar 2-3 times a week with a rest of at least 48 hours between workouts. Follow 3-5 sets, reps – as many as you can.
Target muscle: Triceps
In contrast to the exercise on the uneven bars, in reverse push-ups, the legs are on the floor, which facilitates the implementation. However, at the same time, the shoulders experience a lot of stress due to the fact that the elbows are bent behind the back, and not on the sides of the body.
To protect your shoulders, turn your wrists to the sides. This will limit your range of motion and protect your joints from excessive extension.
Target muscle: Triceps, Upper Chest
Place straight legs on a bench or any elevation. You can start with a small stand and gradually increase the height. The higher the stand, the more difficult it is to complete the exercise.
Lower your shoulders at the top point, try to doing dips next to the support.
Target Muscle: Chest, Triceps
This exercise exactly repeats the classic push-ups on the uneven bars, but at the same time, the resistance band under the legs pushes up and removes part of the load.
Choose the resistance of the rubber so as to perform 8-10 times in the approach. As you pump the muscles, change the tape to a thinner one.
In our article, you can learn about exercises with resistance bands more.