Pullover on the upper block in the standing position (SERRATUS PULLOVER) – is an exercise that promotes the development of the widest back muscles along the entire length. In addition, when performing a involved serratus and quite a few lower pectoral muscles
Pullover on the upper block in the standing position (SERRATUS PULLOVER) – is an exercise that promotes the development of the widest back muscles along the entire length. In addition, the serratus and a little lower of the pectoral muscles are involved in the execut.
The fundamental criterion for the pullover on the unit is the correct arrangement of the body relative to the block simulator.
In order to load the widest back muscles properly and minimize the involvement of other muscle structures, it is necessary to consider the following factors:
- Angle of inclination with intensive operation of the widest;
- How far you are from the simulator;
- Correct bend in the elbow joint.
The Technique of SERRATUS PULLOVER
- Take the initial position of the face to the block simulator, make sure that the top of the block is directly above your head.
- Pre-hang a straight handle on the block for the convenience of the exercise, it does not matter what type of bar you use.
- Grasp the handle grip on top, which corresponds to the width of your shoulders. Keeping the low back and straight back, move away from the simulator for about half a step.
- In order to emphasize the load on the lower parts of the latissimus muscles, it is important to choose the necessary distance from the simulator. If you stand too close, the load will begin to be transferred to the triceps. Too far an location will not give the opportunity to correctly feel the contraction of the widest muscles of the back.
- Starting from the above recommendations, you need to choose a natural comfortable angle and distance from the simulator. This will allow to reduce the lower parts of the back before the onset of severe burning.
- In order to more accurately transfer the load to the muscles of the back, it is necessary to slightly bend the arms in the elbow joint and to bring them forward from the vertical position to a distance of 20 degrees relative to the axis.
- When you have taken the starting position, lift a little burden from the block device. However, do not rush to perform the exercise. People who have a lot of growth, should kneel to accept the starting position.
- From the initial position to the end of the exercise, keep a clear deflection in the lumbar region and a straight back. The view should be directed upwards: this will help to keep the corresponding angle of the body when doing the exercise.
- Exercise begins with a negative phase, so you need to take a deep breath and strain your back muscles before starting the movement.
- Now make a smooth pull with a consecutive exhalation to the top of your thighs. Throughout the whole movement the hands remain straight.
- At the maximum reduction point near your hips you need to make a small two-second pause. This will additionally work out the widest muscles of the back.
- Next, you must control the positive phase and move the handle of the simulator to its original position. Smoothly inhale and under controlled movement accompany the crossbar, while the muscles of the back should be in tension and qualitatively worked out.
When you include a pullover on your unit in your training complex, stick to one simple rule. Learn how to properly work out and feel the muscle group with a small weight and only then go to the havy weight on the block simulator.