How to Do Push Pull Legs Workout: Training Workout
Push Pull Legs Workout. If you are a beginner wanting to build muscle and strength as fast as possible – then you must commit to weight training 3–6 times per week.
|Table of Contents|
- Your weight training sessions need not be more than one hour in length as a natural weight lifter. However, they will be (and should be) tough!
- You should be leaving the gym feeling tired. Seriously!
- Most people are too lazy in the gym and never push themselves to lift heavier and heavier weights.
- Ideally, you should aim to weight train 4–5 times per week but personally, I started my weight lifting journey at 2–3 times per week and worked myself up to 5 times per week.
- On rare occasions, I lift weights 6 times per week if I am getting ready for a fitness model competition.
- Before getting into heavy sets for push pull legs workout you will always do three warm-up sets of 10 reps at 50% of the intended working set load.
- If you are doing a 2-day weight training week push pull legs muscles will be trained on the same day doing the exercises below.
Note: 2-day and 3-day push pull legs workout program will be more challenging given that we are trying to achieve the same training volume in less training days.
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Flat Bench Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Arnold Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Tricep Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8–10 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extensions: 3 sets of 8–10 reps
- Barbell Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6-8 reps;
- T-Bar Row: 3 sets of 6-8 reps;
- Pull-ups (until failure);
- Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 8–10;
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 8–10.
- Barbell Back Squats: 3 sets of 6–8 reps;
- Barbell Front Squats: 3 sets of 6–8 reps;
- Bulgarian Split Squats: 3 sets of 6–8 reps;
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 6–8 reps;
- Standing or seated calve raises:3 sets of 10–12.
Once you reach the top of the rep range, increase the weight on the barbell enough so that you can reach the bottom of the rep range for the next set.
In other words, once you reach 8 reps on the Inclined Bench Press at 170 pounds. Write that in your Fitness Notes, have your 2-minute rest, and proceed to add 2.5-pound plates to each side of the barbell. You will only reach 6 reps in your next set and if you can’t, you will need to add a small step in weight about 1-2 kg this will be enough
This is the basic cycle of progressive overload that most people are not aware of. Doing and repeat!
And so we learned how to do it correctly push, pull, legs workout and this will pump your entire body in one week. You can also choose the circuit training option, and pump with the help push, pull, legs workout the whole body in one workout in one day.